|Bliil Glover Biography|
This Article is By: Bill Glover On Sep. - 22, 2006
PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST
- Bill Glover has been a member of both the former Kingston Parking Advisory and the Downtown Residential Review Committees; he attends (as an observer) City Council meetings and those of the Urban Committee of Adjustment.
- He has been both Vice-Chair and Chair of the Sydenham Ward Tenants’ and Ratepayers’ Association. His civic interests include taxation, planning, tourism and economic development, heritage, parking, Queen’s, parks and waterfront development issues.
- Bill Glover lives in the upper part of Sydenham District and also owns property in the old “Historic Sydenham Ward”.
- He is a retired Canadian naval officer with destroyer service on both the Atlantic and Pacific. He held staff appointments with both the Chief of Maritime Staff and Lieutenant-General, now Senator Romeo Dallaire.
- He was a member of the academic faculty at Royal Roads Military College for five years and also taught at RMC.
- Bill Glover is an independent maritime historian and is the editor of The Northern Mariner / Le marin du nord, the journal of the Canadian Nautical Research Society. He has written about the Royal Canadian Navy and navigation on Canada’s west coast and in Hudson’s Bay.
- His undergraduate studies were at Queen’s; postgraduate at the University of London.
- Recreational pursuits include sailing, and attempting to manage his five-year old border collie, Laird.
- He was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba in 1952.